PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
We are aware that you may have concerns over disclosing information about yourself to us.
This policy explains what information we collect about you on this website and the reasons for this. All of your information is retained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data protections laws in the UK.
This policy applies equally to:
- Users of our website;
- Complainants and other individuals in relation to data protection or freedom of information complaint or enquiry;
- All Members of our website; and
- Business Users.
When a user visits our website we automatically receive and record information on our server logs including, but not limited to, your IP address, cookie information and the page you request. This information is collected in a way that does not identify the person and we do not attempt to find the identities of those visiting our website.
We collect personal information when you consent to ‘Sign Up’ and subscribe for a membership, in whatever capacity, on this website, when you use our products or Services, or products and services of third parties that use our website to provide products and services and when you enter any purchase or promotions, this can include your name, address and date of birth.
We will only collect personal information from you to the extent that it is required for the specific purpose notified to you.
We use your information to:-
- Measure, record and report on the performance of Business Users or other business who supply or provide products and/or services to individuals who make purchases or use on the website;
- Track your location only for the purposes of the Services provided on the website;
- Facilitate services which are related to Services on our website;
- Market ourselves and our Group and Business Users or other businesses we may feature on the website (from time to time) to you, including any personalised marketing for the Services that we provide and any items that may be offered for sale on the website or otherwise, all based on various matters and variables such your stated or anticipated interests, gender or location;
- Facilitate the execution of any of the products and/or services that you have purchased through the website or from or through any sellers on the website;
- Supply you with information about us and the Services on the website and otherwise;
- Analyse the usefulness of, and to develop, our marketing strategy and campaigns (including any such matters that we may conduct on behalf of our Group); and
- Enhance your information in order to improve any personalised marketing with your interests.
If we receive personal information about you from another source, we will inform you as soon as practically thereafter.
We will make your information available:-
- Within our organisation and within our Group;
- To Business Users to facilitate the redemption of any sales vouchers with that Business User or to facilitate the receipt by you of the products and/or services you may have purchased from our website or a site operated by a Business User which has been accessed through our website; and we provide feedback to the Business Users and to other sellers on the website including any comments made about a Business Users performance;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- To any business partners, suppliers, agents/subcontractors that we engage to assist us in respect of the any matter in relation to the website or any of the services that we provide;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- To comply with applicable laws, respond to governmental enquiries (or enquiries from a legal, governmental or quasi-governmental or local authority agency or Internet protection agency of any type), comply with a valid legal process pr procedure or protect our rights or property, this website, and/or other users of this website;
- In the event of an insolvency practitioner be appointed in relation to all or part of our business, the insolvency practitioner may disclose your information to a third party purchaser of our business, provided the purchaser undertakes to use such information in accordance with this policy.
You may opt out of sharing personal information with third parties by clicking the ‘opt out of disclosure of personal information to third parties’ box during ‘Sign Up’. At any time you want to ‘opt out’ please contact us at [email protected]
You may also edit your membership at any time and terminate your subscription at any time by contacting us on [email protected] .com
We sometimes combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
Other than as set out above, it is our policy not to sell or pass any off your information to any other organisations unless we are required to do so for fraud prevention and detection.
We will take appropriate security measures against unlawful or unauthorised processing/use of personal information and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal information.
We will put in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all personal information from the point of collection to the point of destruction. We will protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all personal information provided by you.
All personal information provided by you will not be held by us longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was collected. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, personal information that is no longer required.
We may send your personal information to third party businesses and entities even if they are outside of the EEA who may not have requisite data protection laws or such laws may not be at a similar level as they are in the UK. By providing us with your personal information you are acknowledging that we (nor any part of our Group) cannot be held responsible for any use of your information by such third parties who receive and process your data.
THIRD PARTY SITES
We may from time to time provide and/or allow access to third party sites or advertisements through the website which may collect personally identifiable information from you and to set and access cookies on your computer. We do not allow these sites to access our cookies. These companies may use the information about your visits to this and other websites, in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
When you have signed up and a Member of the website we will send you a monthly newsletter by email. For this we use a third party provider, Mailchimp, for further information in relation to their privacy and other policies, please visit www.mailchimp.com
You can opt-out or unsubscribe to the Newsletter at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
EMAILS & POSTS
We may from time to time email you for the following purposes:-
- As part of the services offered by us i.e. we send (or may send) emails to you in the following circumstances:
- After registration as a Member, notifying you of your account set up and details;
- Reminder emails about the services we offer (in particular when you have not accessed or used the Membership facility in a while);
- Send you information on any vouchers, deals, events or other products and/or Services on the website
- As promotional emails for any of the items which can be purchased on the website or from Business Users;
- As a chance to provide feedback about a Business User’s service or particular products and/or services you may have purchased from other businesses; and
- To offer related services to you from our Group.
Any emails you send to us or through the website, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and monitoring compliance, in accordance with our office policies. It is your responsibility to ensure that any emails you send are within the bounds of the law.
Any posts you make must be made in accordance with our Terms and Conditions and Posting Rules. [DJM NOTE: Hyperlink?]
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We strive to be as open as we can be in providing our Members access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information, we will provide you with:
- A description of the information we hold;
- The reason why we hold this information;
- To whom the information has been disclosed;
- A copy of the information in an intelligible form; and
- How to gain access to the information.
A request for any personal information we may hold must be made to Soccer Profile Ltd in writing to the Company’s registered address.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example providing you with certain information over the telephone.
If any personal information we hold about you is incorrect, you must contact us immediately at [email protected].
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
In many circumstances we will not disclose personal information without your consent.
However, in certain circumstances, the Data Protection Act allows personal information to be disclosed to law enforcement authorities without the persons consent.
Under these circumstances, we will disclose the requested data, only once we have ensured the request is legitimate, seeking assistance from the Company’s Board and legal advisers, where necessary.
When investigating a complaint we shall consider many factors before deciding if the information should be disclosed, please refer to our Information Charter for further information.
We strive to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive very seriously. We encourage all Members, users and Business Users to bring to our attention if they consider our collection or use of information to be unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
Any complaints received by the Company will be dealt with in accordance with our Terms and Conditions and all personal information gathered during the process will be used to monitor the Services provided and resolve any issues.
The information gathered in accordance dealing with and/or responding to the complaint, will be held by the Company for two years following closure of the matter. It will be retained in a secure environment with access strictly limited to the ‘need to know’ principle.
We are committed to providing a high standard of service and will compile and publish statistics, including the number of complaints received, however this is published in a way that does not identify the individuals involved.
Similarly, we shall use the information provided to us in order to respond and/or take action in response to an enquiry, to check any subsequent issues and level of service provided.
This Policy was last updated May 2015.